Today is Tuesday the 28th of December 2021. This morning my weight is 80.7. Well, let’s go back to the previous blog article where everything started some months back. As you can see on Dec 22, my weight was 82.5 and today the 28th I am still only a 2 kg deficit. The reason is because of Christmas, I ate 1 burger, a no-sugar soft drink, and ice cream. However, on the next day of Christmas, I was not kicked out totally from Ketosis. How did I know?
Well, I use the Keto Mojo Ketone urine test to track how much I am in ketosis or not.
|WEIGHT (71)||FATS (15)||WATER (47-61)||MUSCLE >48||BONE||DATE|
As you can see after Christmas, my fat level almost increase by 1 kg. However, on Dec 27 I went on 1-hour jogging. I ate very little except some fruits and 2 boiled eggs. To my astonishment, on the next day, my weight dropped to 80.7 with fats to 16.5. One of the doctors that I am following on youtube is Dr. Berg who explained well how to start intermittent fasting, Keto, Diet, and health in general.
How to Do Intermittent Fasting – Intermittent Fasting Basics for Beginners – Dr.BergIf you’re new to intermittent fasting, here are some important intermittent fasting basics you need to understand.
What to eat (Healthy Keto®):
0:00 Intermittent fasting for beginners
0:10 What is intermittent fasting?
1:18 How to tell if you need to eat
2:05 This takes time
2:48 How to do intermittent fasting
4:25 A few things that can help
In this video, I want to explain intermittent fasting in an uncomplicated and easy-to-understand way. Intermittent fasting is omitting the frequency of eating meals. You let your body dictate when to eat and how long to go without eating, the time varies because you should only eat when you are hungry.
• Slight hunger – at about 8 o’clock in the morning, the body will have a hormonal spike of cortisol (stress hormone), which could make you slightly hungry, and then it passes. You can ignore this and keep fasting.
• Strong hunger – stomach pain, lightheadedness, weakness, and grouchiness are all signs of strong hunger, which means it’s time to eat.
The more you do intermittent fasting, the more efficiently the body will go from sugar burning to fat burning. But, this takes time. It could even take 3 to 4 months to get fully into ketosis for some people.
How to do intermittent fasting:
1. Lower your carbs – this will help you be less hungry and go longer without eating.
2. Add fat – this can help you go longer from one meal to the next.
3. Add vegetables – do this for the potassium, magnesium, minerals, and vitamins that help heal insulin resistance, lower insulin, and add fiber that feeds the microbes in the gut—and much more. This can also help you go longer from one meal to the next.
Things to remember:
• Low amounts of vegetables will slow the progress
• Estimation of effort – it could take 3 to 4 months
• Try tea – hoodia gardenia (appetite suppressant)
• Keep very busy
• Consume sea salt and electrolytes – to avoid headaches and fatigue symptoms
• Consume nutritional yeast tablets
• Be prepared with healthy foods for when you need to eat
Talk to a Product Advisor to find the best product for you!
Call 1-540-299-1556 with your questions about Dr. Berg's products. Product Advisors are available Monday through Friday 8am-6pm and Saturday 9am-5pm EST.
* At this time, we no longer offer Keto Consulting and our Product Advisors will only be advising on which product is best for you and advise on how to take them.
Dr. Eric Berg DC Bio:
Dr. Berg, age 56, is a chiropractor who specializes in Healthy Ketosis & Intermittent Fasting. He is the author of the best-selling book The Healthy Keto Plan, and is the Director of Dr. Berg Nutritionals. He no longer practices, but focuses on health education through social media.
Follow Me On Social Media:
DR. BERG'S SHOP: http://shop.drberg.com/
Send a Message to his team: https://m.me/DrEricBerg
ABOUT DR. BERG: https://www.drberg.com/dr-eric-berg/bio
Dr. Eric Berg received his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 1988. His use of “doctor” or “Dr.” in relation to himself solely refers to that degree. Dr. Berg is a licensed chiropractor in Virginia, California, and Louisiana, but he no longer practices chiropractic in any state and does not see patients so he can focus on educating people as a full time activity, yet he maintains an active license. This video is for general informational purposes only. It should not be used to self-diagnose and it is not a substitute for a medical exam, cure, treatment, diagnosis, and prescription or recommendation. It does not create a doctor-patient relationship between Dr. Berg and you. You should not make any change in your health regimen or diet before first consulting a physician and obtaining a medical exam, diagnosis, and recommendation. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Thanks for watching! I hope this helps you better understand these important intermittent fasting basics.
I also learn that in weight loss, one should not have a goal, but instead consider this a checkpoint and keep on improving. Food lifestyle is very essential for weight loss. In the next article, I will keep on sharing my weight loss track and some food lifestyle that I am adopting.