Since the beginning of this year i was much involved in Linux and opensource activities carried out under the umbrella of Hackers.mu and it was pretty fun. After the Hackathon – Operation SAD where members of Hackers Mauritius have fixed SSL bugs in many distros including OpenSUSE, I have decided to create the OpenSUSE Mauritius Facebook page. The aim is to reach more potential OpenSUSE enthusiasts in Mauritius, a little island in the Indian Ocean to promote the OpenSUSE project.
The aim of the OpenSUSE Mauritius Facebook group is to:
- Reach more people in Mauritius or even outer island to use Linux such as the OpenSUSE distro
- Code contribution to the OpenSUSE Project
- Bug reporting and constructive security analysis
- Advocating OpenSUSE Project and its benefit
Some of the work carried out by hackers.mu these days are:
- Hackathon – Operation SAD
- Hackathon – Operation WTF
- Participation and sponsor of DevConMru 2016 and other contributions in the Opensource community
One of the aim accomplished is code contribution in OpenSUSE which is already in production. There are other members of hackers.mu who dived and fixed security bugs in the world of Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian, Cisco and even the Linux Kernel. As you may also noticed through the media articles have appeared on local press such as Scope, Defimedia, LeMauricien, etc.. Hackers.mu as a team strongly feel that we have already emerged in this field to accomplish a good quality job and is looking ahead for a better world by promoting Linux.