Some days back, the cyberstorm.mu (Name rebranded due to trademark issue) team made our first video stream on Youtube about Modem Insecurity in Mauritius. We received several feedbacks from the public, friends and local media about the issue raised. Upon further research, I noticed that there are several countries including Vietnam, China amongst others are in the same problematic situation as they are using the same Huawei modem. More and more vulnerabilities are now being faced by the end users. Users aware of the issue can mitigate it from their side whilst others are still in the dark.
On Friday, the 20th of October 2017, another video stream was carried out by the cyberstorm.mu alongside other friends and professionals. We started with a short introduction from everybody in the videostream.
[google_ad data_ad_slot=” data_ad_format=’rectangle’]
Our agenda was as follows:
- An introduction from participants
- Huawei’s acceptance of upgrading Dnsmasq
- Other discoveries in the Huawei modem
- The implication of Krack attack
- Understanding the mitigation techniques on Krack attack
- Everyone’s perspective about the vulnerabilities on the Huawei modem
Other sources talking about cyberstorm.mu‘s insecurity detection on the Huawei modem
- Local media – Securing your modem – French article